（1）From Boron Clusters to Metal Clusters
In spite of fast developments in research on the preparation and application of noble metal nanocomposites, there are still some significant challenges. First, although there are many reports on noble metal nanocomposites with special morphologies, the existing approaches are challenging in terms of the morphology control from 1D to 3D for a specific nanocomposite. Second, the effective control of the spatially uniform distribution of two kinds of the metal elements is difficult to realize. Third, high-yield preparation of selective growth of noble metal NPs on the high-surface-energy crystal facets of metal oxide is largely lacking with existing strategies. To solve the above problem, this strategy presents a new method for the preparation of noble metal nanocomposites from dual functional boroncluster coordination polymers as templates.
（2）Supramolecular Polymer Networks Based on Boron Cluster
Supramolecular polymer networks are based on supramonomers units crosslinked by reversible supramolecular interactions. Thus, new types of association of supramonomers are urgent to build more complicated structures. We constructed a new type of interaction, exo-inclusion between boron clusters and cucurbit[n]uril (CB[n]).
（3）Boron Organic Polymers Triggered by Boron Cluster Compounds
the unique features of Boron Cluster Compounds makes them a valuable inclusion into the nanochemisty toolbox to develop novel nanostructures both alone and with other molecules
- . In-situ Nano Au Triggered via Metal Boron Organic Polymers: Efficient Electrochemistry N2 Fixation to NH3 under Ambient Conditions. J. Mater. Chem. A,. 2019.
- . Shape-controlled Dodecaborate Supramolecular Organic Frameworks Supported Ultrafine Trimetallic PtCoNi for Catalytic Hydrolysis of Ammonia Borane.. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces.. 2019.
- . Self-Assembled Magnetic Pt Nanocomposites for the Catalytic Reduction of Nitrophenol. ACS Applied Nano Materials. 2019.
- . From Boron Organic Polymers to In-situ Ultrafine Nano Pd and Pt: Green Synthesis and Application for High Efficiency Hydrogen Evolution. ChemcatChem. 2019.
- . An efficient morpholinium ionic liquid based catalyst system for cycloaddition of CO2 and epoxides under mild conditions. Journal of Molecular Liquids. 283. 235-241. 2019.